Index Page "HackeD By TiGER M@TE" O.O

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Index Page "HackeD By TiGER M@TE" O.O

Postby Odette » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:39 am

-Nef Edit- Don't panic- read my post at end, fun stuff!

Whenever I try to access the index I get to this page
Odette

Re: Index Page "HackeD By TiGER M@TE" O.O

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:51 am

Already answered in chat, but for those who stumble upon this, about to post . . .

We're aware of the problem, and working on getting it fixed ;)
Jingle bells, Dragon smells! Christmas in July is here!
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby -Keeleyy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 am

Oh Sorry didn't see this post :)
And Thank you.
-Keeleyy

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 am

Just don't want a billion and one of these popping up tis all ;)
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Tinifni » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:13 am

At first I thought I had a virus... I opened my internet and my browser changed sizes, then back to full screen with the hacker's page (since my homepage was VHR). Bad timing to get a VHR craving I suppose lol But, hopefully things will get under control/fixed soon.
Tinifni

Postby Odette » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:42 am

I feel sorry for them...Why bother hacking VHR??? Hackers have no ambitions these days... :lol:
Odette

Postby Odette » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:42 am

double post
Odette

Postby I.ndecisive » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 am

Odette wrote:I feel sorry for them...Why bother hacking VHR??? Hackers have no ambitions these days... :lol:

Indeed they do not, but they hacked the front page of orbis worlds and games too :/ maybe the whole of that site but as you can't login I don't know :shock:
ImageImage
Preparing to unleash the new .[ADG]. thoroughbreds into VHR with my partner Quinnley.
I.ndecisive

Postby Odette » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 am

I.ndecisive wrote:
Odette wrote:I feel sorry for them...Why bother hacking VHR??? Hackers have no ambitions these days... :lol:

Indeed they do not, but they hacked the front page of orbis worlds and games too :/ maybe the whole of that site but as you can't login I don't know :shock:

I don't know about other orbis games, but you can log in to VHR. Just use another url, like http://www.virtualhorseranch.com/skills ... ?skill=vet or pretty much any skill, link to community etc....The only page that is not working is the index one. :)
Odette

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:31 am

I suspect it's more of a server thing, rather than a site problem.

And although only the main site links are affected, you may want to be careful with what you do until this gets fixed.
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Jellybeanjoe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 am

Just so you guys know, Nef is aware of the situation and is working on it :)
Jellybeanjoe
Wibbly Wobbly Op

Postby Nefertete » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 am

Hey there, first of all thanks to the fast response team of players/volunteers who managed to get me out of bed at an ungodly hour on a Sunday Morning ....

For now, site is back up and running! And no horses were stolen. All information here is still safe! It was only an index page change and it was not a personal attack on us, these people are good, and the only way we can really prevent being 100% hackproof is to unplug us from the internet. They have quite a roster of sites they have 'defaced' including American Express and some Google Sites.

I believe my server hosting company is on top of this- I think I was one of many sites this morning they hit up there.

I will keep you updated as I get more information!

--Update-- After some googling it seems almost every site at my hosting company got hit with this. Obviously- they are quite busy and I can't get a hold of them! This hacker does not screw with the data (thankfully) and doesn't target personal sites- this was just offspring of a massive attack.
Nefertete
Game Owner

Postby Aryn_Vernier » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 am

I think that it might be wise for everyone to change their passwords on their VHR, e-mail, and paypal accounts. Especially if you: use the same e-mail for your paypal as vhr or use the same password for either paypal/email as vhr. It's probably too early to tell if this was someone who decided to just hack the web hoster for kicks and giggles or if he was going after personal information such as e-mails or passwords. If he was going after e-mails/passwords, he'd use the logic that a lot of people use the same passwords/e-mails for everything.

I'm not trying to set up a panic, it's more of a concern. I plan on changing passwords after I post this. It'll be a pain, but worth it. On that note, I suggest using KeePass 2. It can generate passwords of any desired length with upper/lower case letters, numbers, symbols, etc . Plus it'll keep track of all your usernames/passwords.
Aryn_Vernier

Postby I.ndecisive » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:47 am

Aryn_Vernier wrote:I think that it might be wise for everyone to change their passwords on their VHR, e-mail, and paypal accounts. Especially if you: use the same e-mail for your paypal as vhr or use the same password for either paypal/email as vhr. It's probably too early to tell if this was someone who decided to just hack the web hoster for kicks and giggles or if he was going after personal information such as e-mails or passwords. If he was going after e-mails/passwords, he'd use the logic that a lot of people use the same passwords/e-mails for everything.

I'm not trying to set up a panic, it's more of a concern. I plan on changing passwords after I post this. It'll be a pain, but worth it. On that note, I suggest using KeePass 2. It can generate passwords of any desired length with upper/lower case letters, numbers, symbols, etc . Plus it'll keep track of all your usernames/passwords.

As much as that is a good idea, it isn't always practical to change everything, and also players had been researching this hacker for hours, and he doesn't hack the main sites, but rather re-directs index pages... he may be completely harmless and if not then he may be able to track password changes especially as he has already 'hacked' over 1000 internet servers today. :wink: I'm sure some people will follow your advice, as it is still relevant no matter what the situation is. I suppose what I was trying to say, is if he wanted personal info he could get it, even with changes.
ImageImage
Preparing to unleash the new .[ADG]. thoroughbreds into VHR with my partner Quinnley.
I.ndecisive

Postby Kelsey » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 am

This actually happened to me last month with my own website. The hacker had only changed the index page, thank goodness.
Kelsey

Next

Return to Questions/Support