Index Page "HackeD By TiGER M@TE" O.O

Have a technical question you can't find the answer to in FAQ's? Ask it here. Game problem questions that do NOT pertain to things like training advice, what would my horse do well in, how much is it worth.

Re: Index Page "HackeD By TiGER M@TE" O.O

Postby Aryn_Vernier » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:08 am

I.ndecisive wrote:
Aryn_Vernier wrote:I think that it might be wise for everyone to change their passwords on their VHR, e-mail, and paypal accounts. Especially if you: use the same e-mail for your paypal as vhr or use the same password for either paypal/email as vhr. It's probably too early to tell if this was someone who decided to just hack the web hoster for kicks and giggles or if he was going after personal information such as e-mails or passwords. If he was going after e-mails/passwords, he'd use the logic that a lot of people use the same passwords/e-mails for everything.

I'm not trying to set up a panic, it's more of a concern. I plan on changing passwords after I post this. It'll be a pain, but worth it. On that note, I suggest using KeePass 2. It can generate passwords of any desired length with upper/lower case letters, numbers, symbols, etc . Plus it'll keep track of all your usernames/passwords.

As much as that is a good idea, it isn't always practical to change everything, and also players had been researching this hacker for hours, and he doesn't hack the main sites, but rather re-directs index pages... he may be completely harmless and if not then he may be able to track password changes especially as he has already 'hacked' over 1000 internet servers today. :wink: I'm sure some people will follow your advice, as it is still relevant no matter what the situation is. I suppose what I was trying to say, is if he wanted personal info he could get it, even with changes.

Sure. Back when the hackings were going on during the summer (paypal, sony, etc), I only changed major things like e-mail, paypal, and a few game websites (lots of money invested). I've been meaning to change my vhr passwords for awhile since I've had the same one since the start. This just gave me added incentive.
Aryn_Vernier

Postby LadyCash » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:26 pm

No information was taken so changes of passwords aren't required and are up to players.
Those of you who'll go on and change your VHR passwords do make sure you'll remember them after a day, two or a week... So maybe not bad idea to write them down till you get used of them - noone wants "I forgot my password" invasion :mrgreen:
Thank you!
LadyCash

Postby Nefertete » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Also, hacker claims he got 700,000 sites in this one go... nothing focused on us! But intriguing yes... someone needs a job in the security sector!
Nefertete
Game Owner

Postby Prancer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:35 pm

If the hacker had been after information, surely paypal would of been hacked? Havent noticed any information on that, so I think its fairly safe to say he probably belongs to a certain group of hackers that only hack for fun, not to steal information.
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Postby Aryn_Vernier » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Prancer wrote:If the hacker had been after information, surely paypal would of been hacked? Havent noticed any information on that, so I think its fairly safe to say he probably belongs to a certain group of hackers that only hack for fun, not to steal information.

Paypal got hit earlier in the year. They've bumped up their security since then. At least, I hope they have.
Aryn_Vernier

Postby Prancer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Aryn_Vernier wrote:
Prancer wrote:If the hacker had been after information, surely paypal would of been hacked? Havent noticed any information on that, so I think its fairly safe to say he probably belongs to a certain group of hackers that only hack for fun, not to steal information.

Paypal got hit earlier in the year. They've bumped up their security since then. At least, I hope they have.

Yes, I'm meaning right now, since this hacker hacked recently. I'm sure they have got better security since then.
Image <-- Phanty & Prancy = Slytherin buddies :twisted:
Prancer

Previous

Return to Questions/Support